[VS2013] Toolbar order reset on restart - by Evgenii Golubev

Opened 11/8/2013 11:12:27 AM

I use an extension called Code Alignment. It adds its own toolbar to the list of standard ones.

Unfortunately, if I place this toolbar before (on the left of) standard Text Editor toolbar, upon restart it still (often, but not always) placed after Text Editor (i.e. ends up being the last one on the right).

I believe that for some reason standard toolbars are loaded and placed before those provided by extensions.
Posted by Ji [MSFT] on 10/3/2014 at 2:15 PM
That's great! Again, sorry about the delay in response.

Ji Eun Kwon
Visual Studio Team
Posted by Evgenii Golubev on 10/1/2014 at 4:09 AM
I believe the issue has been fixed. Thank you.
Posted by Ji [MSFT] on 9/30/2014 at 12:04 PM
Hi there,
Unfortunately, the files you sent us didn't provide us with the necessary info to reproduce this issue. I know it's been a while since our last communication, so I wanted to follow up and check if you're still seeing this problem in more recent versions. If you are, please let me know!

Ji Eun Kwon
Visual Studio Team
Posted by Evgenii Golubev on 11/24/2013 at 1:44 PM
Hi Carl,

I am using VS2013 RTM which I downloaded in October (I know there were some patches in the November ISO, I do not have those yet).

I am only using a single instance instance.

It usually goes like this: I change toolbars to the proper order then close the program. After reopening everything's fine. But if I close and then reopen VS again, the toolbar order resets.

I am attaching the files you requested. Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Posted by Carl [MSFT] on 11/18/2013 at 8:46 AM
Hi Evgenii

thank for providing us feedback. We're trying to reproduce the issue you are seeing in our lab but we're not seeing what you are seeing. Are you using multiple instances of Visual Studio? Can you send us screen captures before closing VS and after reopening it? It would be great if you can also export your settings and attach them to this issue.

Carl Brochu | VS Team
Posted by Microsoft on 11/14/2013 at 1:31 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/11/2013 at 11:40 PM
Hello again. We wanted to give you a quick reminder that to efficiently investigate and reproduce your issue, we need you submit the additional information we requested. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/11/2013 at 12:06 AM
Thanks for your feedback. According to the information you have provided, we couldn't encounter the same issue. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please use the feedback tool to collect steps while you're reproducing the issue?

Visual Studio now has an extension called Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Feedback Tool, available on the VS gallery(<http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/563d1003-f0ed-498f-8ef9-f8ee1aac39fe>)

The extension allows you to
1. upload files
2. collect trace and dump files
3. collect steps while you're repro'ing the issue.
4. SQM logs about VS extensions installed
5. System details (in DxDiag output)

Please submit this information to us within 3 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.
Posted by Macy [MSFT] on 11/8/2013 at 11:51 AM