Visual Studio 2013 - solution explorer search doesn't find all matching files - by MattCom

Duplicate<br /><br />
		This item appears to be a duplicate of another existing Connect or internal item.<br /><br />

Opened 11/8/2013 5:10:06 PM

I have a web app solution which has many projects, and 5 of the projects within it contain a file named Cig.SF.ClientLib.dll.config. When I open the solution in VS 2012 (Update 3) and I type "Cig.SF.ClientLib.dll." (without the quotes) into the Search pane, there are 5 files reported; but when I open the same solution in VS 2013 and enter the same search text, sometimes only 1 file is found, sometimes more are found, but so far, never all 5.

I have tested this behavior in the same solution with other filenames, and see similar behavior - more files are found by VS 2012 than 2013. I can provide screenshots to show the condition (which I will attach to the issue), but I have not yet tried to reproduce it with new solutions/projects, due to the time and effort required.

I'm not sure if it matters, but some of the projects target .NET 2.0.
Posted by Anders on 4/15/2015 at 7:39 AM
Problem still present as of today with Update 3.
Works for a while sometimes, then loses the ability to search for css, js files etc.
Posted by Jose A. Marques on 10/2/2014 at 4:53 PM
The original report is also closed but the problem is present even after applying update 3.
Posted by AaronLST on 7/1/2014 at 2:12 PM
Yep, still present problem.
Posted by Colin Green on 5/21/2014 at 3:57 AM
FYI This problem is still present in VS 2013 Update 2, so not sure why it was closed(?)
Posted by Microsoft on 1/23/2014 at 9:48 AM
Can you have a look at the following:

We are planning to provide a fix for this experience in our next public update for VS 2013

Carl Brochu | VS Team
Posted by Joep Geevers on 12/6/2013 at 1:41 AM
Can you please point me to the bug this one is said to be the duplicate of?
Posted by Microsoft on 11/27/2013 at 9:43 AM
Thanks Matt! This is a duplicate of a bug we're tracking. We'll address this issue as soon as our schedule permits. We do like to hear feedback, so please don’t hesitate to file an issue again.

Thanks!
Language Experience Team
Posted by Microsoft on 11/10/2013 at 11:15 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/8/2013 at 5:51 PM