If MS want to get some market share in Europe for w8 tablets as it got from nokia lumias, then maps need to be improved.
(Nokia) here Drive is much better than the bing map apps, but still they are far behind Google map and OpenStreetMap and ViaMichelin
1) Road infrastructure in Europe (especially in the UK, but also Central Europe and in Spain) have more intermediate states than "freeway" vs "not-freeway". Like A1 in the UK is > 75% semi-freeway (= freeway without emergency lane), while it is marked the same as some narrow one lane road in the middle of nowhere.
2) Why UK have different color schema than entire world?
4) Why we don't have bird's eye view in Windows Map App?
5) Add metro/tube/underground/subway maps for other European cities than London. And public transit directions are by far more important in Europe than in USA.
6) And last but not least - many places of interests (like shops) are missing....